Welcome to the Forum of Yew Tree Canine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stopping distance from the judge

2 posters

Go down

Stopping distance from the judge Empty Stopping distance from the judge

Post  Paris Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:54 am

Hiya I have noticed when watching at the ringside that handlers tend to stop their dogs very close to the judge after they have completed their triangle/ up and down. I don't understand why this is so because surely all the judge is seeing is a top down view of your dog? I tend to stop clover about 4-5ft infront of the judge standing side on but I sort of feel a bit silly since I seem to be the only one doing it? Should I be a bit closer?
Paris
Paris

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Stopping distance from the judge Empty Re: Stopping distance from the judge

Post  Paris Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:48 am

I think I've posted in the wrong place, this post may need to move to judging
Paris
Paris

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-07-24

Back to top Go down

Stopping distance from the judge Empty Topic move....

Post  Admin Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks Paris, have moved topic to correct place.
As you know we at Yew Tree have always trained our handlers to finish about 3 to 4 feet away from the judge.........this will give the handler room to turn their dog into presentation position , especially if a large breed and also if the dog is a puppy then to give the handler time to quickly keep the pup down on four feet and not jump up at the judge Very Happy .
There is so much to learn about exhibiting not just for your dog but also the handler.
Many handlers we see at many shows including champ shows, are very poor and do not present their dogs well,
Many things make a good handler.....comunication with your dog, good presentation, looking smartly dressed, holding the lead correctly, crisp turns and manouvering and a good finish in front of the judge, basically looking and acting like a proffesional can go a long way to getting a good write up in one of the dog papers from your judge.
We always say that the above can always be found by those who train at a good ringcraft, even more so when you have a puppy.
We have had many successes and still continue to do so.........we are always pleased with our members results and all the hard work they put into their dogs...we feel that what its all about.

I hope this little bit of info helps

keep up the good work with Clover

Paul and Yvonne at Yew Tree Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Male Number of posts : 233
Registration date : 2008-05-15

https://yewtreecanine.aforumfree.com

Back to top Go down

Stopping distance from the judge Empty Re: Stopping distance from the judge

Post  Sponsored content